Walthamstow Pumphouse Museum and Waltham Forest Cello Fest invite you to the seventh Underground Lunchtime Recital in the historic Victoria Line Carriage.
Cellist František Brikcius will present cello works by leading composers from Prague and Brno. You will hear:
- Fantasie and Rondo (1982) by composer Jiří Matys
- Metall Sonata (1983) by cellist, artist and composer Petr Hejný
- Dilema (1987) by film composer Jan Jirásek
- Sonata (1987) by music and film composer Luboš Fišer
- Dances of King Lear (1995) by a composer from Brno, Miloš Štědroň
- Stopy (2004) by Czech composer and organist Irena Kosíková.
Waltham Forest Cello Fest is celebrating the 334th anniversary of the birth of Johann Sebastian Bach, Gideon Klein Centenary, Jazz Cellist Fred Katz Centenary and London's first ever Borough of Culture in 2019!
Book your ticket in advance - seats are limited.
Find Waltham Forest Cello fest on Twitter and Facebook, or head to their website for more details.
Unfortunately, this concert is not wheelchair accessible. There are 6 steps down to the tube carriage.