Would you like to perform at Chingfest 2019?
Join us at the end of the summer holidays when Ridgeway Park is transformed into Waltham Forest London Borough of Culture 2019, very own free, family music festival.
This year we want to celebrate the young homegrown talent of Waltham Forest! If you are a dancer, singer, spoken word artist, rapper, MC, comedian, performer or anything in between this is for you.
You can be in for a chance to perform a 15 minute set at Chingfest on the Sunday 31 August 2019 in the Eastside Tent, and the winners will receive a £150 prize.
Rules of competition entry:
- We will be selecting two winners, one 11-15 year old and one 16-18 year old.
- If part of a group performance, the maximum number per group is three participants. All videos must be uploaded on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter to be considered.
- If you’re unable to upload to the main social media platforms please send us the video via WeTransfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Participants must reside in the Borough of Waltham Forest
- Videos must be no longer than 60 seconds.
- All videos must be appropriate for all audiences and shall not contain offensive lyrics in any language including but not limited to: obscenities, racial, ethnic or sexual slurs, violence advocacy, etc.
- To ensure your video is eligible you must tag @wfculture19 and hashtag #ChooseMeChingfest
- Competition will begin on Friday 19 July 12noon, and close on Friday 2 August 12am, any videos received outside of this time-frame will not be included within the selection.
- Participant would need to be available for Chingfest on Saturday 31 August from 12noon until approximately 5pm.
- Please note: Participants under 18 must have parental consent to take part in the competition, if successful a signed consent form from your parent/career or guardian will be required
- The winners will be announced week commencing 19 August.